JOB OPENING – FULL TIME
VECTOR CONTROL TECHNICIAN
Hours: 40 per week
Pay Rate: $13-$16 DOE, Family Health Plan, PERS Retirement
Closing Date: 12/31/2018
The Jackson County Vector Control District is currently taking applications for the position of Vector Control Technician.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Survey assigned zone for mosquito larval sources such as irrigated pastures, ditches, marshy areas, sumps, water troughs, etc.
- Identify stage of larval development & treat the area as needed.
- Operate truck, ATV, and hand spray equipment.
- Keep records of pesticide applications.
- Set out and collect CO2 baited Live mosquito traps.
- Identify adult mosquitoes and prepare them for testing.
- Sample ticks and prepare them for Lyme testing.
- Operate chainsaws and other equipment used in vegetation management.
- Keep equipment and vehicles clean and ready for use.
Must have a valid driver’s license and feel comfortable driving standard transmission
Must possess ODA Public Pesticide Applicator License within 30 days of hire
Must be able to traverse uneven ground
Must be able to work outside for extended periods during periods of hot weather
Must be able to routinely pick up objects up to 30 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
Must be able to pass background check and drug test
James J. Lunders
Jackson County Vector Control District Office
Re: Full Time Technician Position
555 Mosquito Lane
Central Point, OR 97502